This is beta software! If you have any installations or usage problems please check the User Resources page.
So welcome. Have a sit.
Precompiled / Easy to install packages
- Packages for openSUSE, SLE, Fedora and Centos:
- Packages for Debian and Ubuntu (thanks @podshumok):
- Unofficial twister installer for Windows:
twister Windows installer bundle (external)
Warning: Unsupported. This twister installer is kindly provided by @shift, thanks!
- twister precompiled sample web app for Android: (updated 04/Dec/2014 – v0.9.28)
twisterActivity-release.apk.asc (PGP signature for the APK)
Warning: Unsupported. Limited functionality for Android 2.x (no avatar setup). Check Android known issues.
- Running twister with Docker:
Automated twister-on-docker build repository
Download and compile
- twister core (get this to compile from source):
- twister HTML user-interface (read installation instructions below):
- Compile native Windows client using Gitian
- Extra utility: twister DNS seeder (not needed for running twister):
First of all, the dependencies: OpenSSL, Berkeley DB (>4.8) and Boost. Check doc/build-unix.md for a complete dependency build instructions.
The generic instructions below are intended for linux-only. Specific instructions for other systems are available:
- Build native Windows client using Gitian
- Compiling twister for Windows (cygwin)
- Mac OS X build instructions
- How to run Twister on ARM (Debian) and OSX (thanks @toyg)
A new unified building system is now available from twister-core:
$ git clone https://github.com/miguelfreitas/twister-core.git $ cd twister-core $ ./bootstrap.sh $ ./configure $ make
- If you have problems with libboost detection, the following argument may be needed to configure:
- Disable logging if you want, but at this point it might help to diagnose problems in case anything goes wrong.
Contents of twister-html package should be extracted to the directory:
If you want to use it in a different directory please use the argument
Note: watch out for the extra directory level, you may use the following commands to make sure the files are extracted to the right place:
$ mkdir ~/.twister $ cd ~/.twister $ git clone https://github.com/miguelfreitas/twister-html.git html
In Windows, the following directories are used:
Windows older than Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Twister
Windows Vista or newer: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Twister
Start twisterd with the following command:
./twisterd -daemon -rpcuser=user -rpcpassword=pwd -rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
Then you may watch
~/.twister/debug.log for the complete log of the daemon, including progress on downloading blocks. Note: copy-paste the command line above “as is”, don’t replace “user” or “pwd” because these are currently hardcoded into the html pages. With “rpcallowip” parameter connections are only accepted from your own computer.
The RPC commands can be executed as following:
./twisterd -rpcuser=user -rpcpassword=pwd help
Then open your browser and access the following URL:
Please note that registering a new user requires acknowledge from other nodes of the network (the user registration must be accepted into the block chain). On average, a new block is generated every 10 minutes but the exact time cannot be predicted, so it might take anything from like one minute to half an hour.